School heads ask for reduction in syllabus: May not be in best interest of students, says education dept


EVEN AS Mumbai Association of Heads of Secondary (Higher Secondary) Schools (MAHSS) wrote to the state board looking for additional syllabus discount for college students of Classes X and XII, officers on the training division and a few mother and father really feel this is probably not in the perfect curiosity of scholars.

In the letter written on January 11, the affiliation said that even after the primary fortnight of January, bodily classroom classes for Classes X and XII haven’t resumed. They mentioned earlier than this, the board decreased 25 per cent of the syllabus, and that it was unimaginable to show the remaining 75 per cent in such little time.

While 19,524 state board faculties in Maharashtra, barring these in Mumbai and Thane, resumed classroom educating for Classes IX to XII final week, the BMC is predicted to determine on reopening faculties within the metropolis on Friday. “Even if online classes were going on, many students have missed them and it is not possible for teachers to ensure that every student has understood what was taught online. That is why teachers will have to redo these lessons in a physical classroom when schools reopen and also revise them with students. It will be very difficult to teach and revise so much in so little time,” mentioned Prashant Redij, secretary, MAHSS. This, he mentioned, might have an effect on the move proportion of scholars taking the state board examination this yr.

Government officers, nonetheless, mentioned calls for like that of the MAHSS have come from varied quarters however additional discount of syllabus can be a “washout”.

Many state board faculties outdoors Mumbai and Thane that began classroom educating final week have encountered issues with attendance.

Class X examination of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) can be held after May 1 and Class XII Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination can be held after April 15, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad had earlier mentioned. With just a few months left for preparation, principals of many colleges, affiliated to totally different boards within the metropolis, really feel college students want to come back again to highschool a minimum of for sensible examination preparation.

J Mohanty, principal of Delhi Public School, Nerul, mentioned whereas academics have been already ready with pattern paper exams for pre-board examination, they awaited directions from the federal government and consent from mother and father. He mentioned there was no issue in holding pre-board examination on-line, mother and father have been extra involved about sensible, which, for the CBSE board, have been scheduled to be held in March.

“Students, especially from Class XII, and teachers are mentally ready for exams. For practical exams, the students may come for some demo practical classes. Since they have not come to school all year, they may find it difficult if they are unable to handle the equipment properly during their practicals,” Mohanty mentioned.

Arundhati Chavan, head of Parent Teacher Association United Forum of Maharashtra, mentioned, “Parents are mostly concerned about schools ensuring safety measures. If schools take all the necessary precautions, parents are willing to send their children to school. For the whole year, students have had no writing practice. When they appear for examination, they will have to be able to write in the given time.”

She mentioned mother and father too weren’t in favour of additional decreasing syllabus as that might imply the ideas the kids be taught can be that a lot fewer.

“Class X is the base of their education. If they learn fewer concepts, in higher classes those concepts will always be weaker,” she mentioned.



Source hyperlink

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

21,397FansLike
2,508FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles