November 21, 2020 11:27:50 am
A fireplace broke out at one of many manufacturing models being operated in the residential space of Defence Colony, Ambala Cantt, Friday. One of the manufacturing unit workers, Yogesh, suffered 35 p.c burn accidents. He was admitted to a non-public hospital.
Sources mentioned staff of the unit have been burning waste materials contained in the unit when flames caught an inflammable chemical, which was contained in the unit. The fireplace was managed earlier than the arrival of a fireplace tender. The unit was manufacturing beauty merchandise.
The incident agitated the native residents of Defence Colony, who’ve been urgent the district administration to shift the models out of the residential space. They mentioned that there’s a threat to human lives.
Additional SHO of Panjhokra Sahib police station, SI Ramesh Kumar, mentioned, “Preliminary investigation suggested that a chemical stored in the unit was the reason behind the fire. The owner of the industrial unit was called to the police station along with local residents. The owner agreed to shift the unit within two months. We recorded the statement of injured Yogesh Kumar.”
The native residents expressed their shock at the apathy of the Ambala administration over the problem. Not a single official from the Municipal Council, which regulates the commercial models, got here to take inventory of the state of affairs after the hearth incident. The residents alleged that the administration is intentionally not taking motion in opposition to the manufacturing models.
On November 10, groups of Municipal Council, Ambala Cantt, connected with National Green Tribunal (NGT), had challaned a manufacturing unit of hand sanitizers in Defence Colony. The residents mentioned that the unit in which the hearth broke out is located close to the unit of hand sanitizers. Both the models are owned by one particular person.
The residents had met Deputy Commissioner Ashok Kumar Sharma with their grievances on October 28.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click right here to hitch our channel (@indianexpress) and keep up to date with the most recent headlines
© The Indian Express (P) Ltd