Thallium murders: Businessman’s wife also succumbs to poisoning

Two months after a South Delhi-based actual property businessman allegedly poisoned his spouse and in-laws utilizing thallium, the person’s 35-year-old spouse, Divya Arora, died late Thursday evening. The accused, Varun Arora, was arrested final month for allegedly killing his mother-in-law Anita Devi Sharma (62) and sister-in-law Priyanka Sharma (26) by poisoning them.

Arora allegedly cooked fish laced with thallium — police say he was impressed by Saddam Hussein — and served it to his relations in January. His sister-in-law Priyanka died throughout therapy however the incident got here to mild solely after his mother-in-law, Anita Devi, died later. His spouse Divya in the meantime went right into a coma and his father-in-law, Devendra Mohan Sharma, approached police, suspecting Arora of murdering them.

“Two days before his arrest, Varun also consumed a low dose of thallium to allegedly mislead investigators. After his arrest, he was admitted in AIIMS for medical observation,” a senior police officer stated.

Sharma alleged Varun had assist from his household within the triple homicide, and added: “Divya has also left this world now. Varun has killed three women of my family. He was arrested last month, but he is still sitting comfortably in the hospital… Before his arrest, he asked his mother not to give custody of his children to us… He was arrested only after I filed a complaint…”

The accused was first referred to as for questioning on March 22 after police obtained the criticism, however he denied his function. “He claimed he didn’t eat the fish as he had jaw pain… His twin children had milk and didn’t eat the fish either. To throw police off his trail, he allegedly decided to consume some drops of thallium. When he was called for questioning a second time, he informed police he was in hospital for a medical test and shared a report which showed thallium in his blood,” a senior police officer stated.

Arora had allegedly been planning the crime since final December and had procured the substance for Rs 22,000 from a web based pharmacist, police stated.

DCP (West) Urvija Goel had stated they obtained data on March 22 that Anita had been declared lifeless at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. “Doctors in the medical report had said she died of thallium poisoning; it was detected in her blood and urine. We also came to know that Anita’s elder daughter Divya was in the ICU, undergoing treatment for thallium poisoning. We then found that Anita’s younger daughter Priyanka had died during treatment on February 15 and had displayed symptoms of thallium poisoning such as hair loss and burning feet. Anita’s husband, Devender Mohan Sharma, who made the complaint, was not admitted but had complained of sudden hair fall,” Goel stated.

“Arora was questioned and he admitted to procuring thallium and administering it to his in-laws and wife. He wanted to take revenge for them humiliating him. A small glass bottle containing thallium was recovered from his house and his phone containing information on the procurement of thallium was also seized,” stated the DCP.

Source hyperlink

Related Articles



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles