Mumbai: Labourer who modified identification after brutally assaulting lady held after 11 years

In December 2010, a 28-year-old building labourer was booked by Nehru Nagar police for brutally assaulting a girl in Kurla East. The accused was untraceable. On Thursday, when the police lastly arrested Raja Bhimrao Rampure, they discovered that he had modified his faith and title, assuming a brand new identification to evade arrest.

Rampure, now 38, and formally Mohamed Riyaaz Shaikh, was arrested from Bhiwandi, the place he had been dwelling since 2011.The Nehru Nagar police stated that in 2010, the accused was a resident of Vatsalabai Naik Nagar in Kurla (East). He used to stay along with his spouse and daughter.

“With two other men, he had assaulted a middle-aged woman. The three were renovating the complainant’s house and there was a heated argument between them over payment. In the fit of rage, they had beaten her with bamboo and wooden sticks,” stated police sub-inspector Dyaneshwar Patil of Nehru Nagar police station.

The police at the moment are attempting to hint the girl who had lodged a criticism on the time. A case was registered beneath Sections 326 (voluntarily inflicting grievous damage by harmful weapons or means), 323 (voluntarily inflicting damage), 504 (intentional insult with intent to impress breach of the peace) and 34 (widespread intention) of the IPC. The two different staff had been arrested and subsequently chargesheeted in April 2011.

The police stated that Rampure had escaped along with his household from his rented house in Kurla. They went to Solapur, his hometown, for a quick whereas. And after they returned, he had a brand new identification. “He is married to a Muslim woman, so in 2011, he decided to mislead the police by changing his religion,” stated Patil. Rampure turned Mohamed Riyaaz Shaikh.

“We have seized his PAN card and Aadhar card and in both his documents, his name is Mohamed Riyaaz Shaikh,” stated an officer. Patil, who’s tasked with finding accused individuals who’re absconding, had lately obtained a tip-off that Rampure could also be dwelling in Vashi Naka space. He stated that he began in search of Rampure 15 days in the past after his title got here up throughout a dialogue along with his subordinates.

“We were checking the register in which we maintain the names of wanted criminals from our jurisdiction. When we were going to Vatsalabai Naik Nagar to find out about other accused, we visited the rented place where Rampure used to live. During inquiry, we befriended a few locals,” stated an officer.

When the officers visited Vatsalabai Naik Nagar to take an replace, an area who that they had befriended with them, gave an tackle of Bharat Nagar space in Vashi Naka. The officers had been informed that this was Rampure’s new tackle. The investigators visited the tackle at Bharat Nagar space, however they didn’t discover him.

They returned to Vatsalabai Naik Nagar in Kurla on Wednesday night time. A neighborhood then gave details about a distant relative of Rampure. “We were told that the distant relative is a frequent visitor of the area. He too had stayed at Vatsalabai Naik nagar in Kurla but around 2010 he had shifted to Govandi,” stated an officer.

The police then requested an area to name the person to Kurla early on Thursday.

“The distant relative did not know that Rampure was booked as an accused in the case,” stated an officer. After getting his tackle out of him, the group went to Rampure’s residence at Gayatri Nagar space in Bhiwandi on Thursday.

“After we reached his house, we were told that he works at a construction site in Ulhasnagar and he comes home once every 15 days. So we lied to his wife as well and told her that we need to record his statement in a case and asked him to come to Khemani road in Ulhasnagar,” stated an officer.

Rampure got here to Khemani Road, however instantly sensed one thing was amiss and tried to flee. “But we managed to get hold of him and brought him to the police station for inquiry.”

He tried deceptive the investigators as he maintained that he was not the one the police had been in search of. “He kept telling us that he is Shaikh and the person we were looking for is a Hindu. He had grown a beard so that to the confusion,” stated Patil.

However, the police then referred to as the distant kinfolk who recognized him. The Nehru Nagar police then arrested him. “During sustained interrogation, he confessed to the crime and revealed that he had changed his name and religion to avoid arrest,” stated senior police inspector Vilas Shinde.

The accused was produced in courtroom and remanded in judicial custody.

Source hyperlink

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected


Latest Articles