A hearth broke out at a pipeline carrying pure gasoline within the Ambegaon Khurd space of Pune on Tuesday. Pune fireplace brigade officers stated extreme damages to close by buildings could possibly be averted as the fireplace was introduced beneath management swiftly.
As per info given by Pune fireplace brigade officers, the fireplace was reported on the gasoline pipeline of Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL) passing by means of the Telco Colony space of Ambegaon Khurd in Pune round 11.30 am on Tuesday.
Fire breaks out at gasoline pipeline in Pune’s Ambegaon Khurd space, introduced beneath management swiftly
— Express PUNE (@ExpressPune) April 6, 2021
Fire Station Officer Subhash Jadhav stated, “We received a call at 11.35 am informing us about the fire in the gas pipeline. Our tenders reached the spot within minutes and we found that intense flames were emanating from the point where leaking gas had caught fire. The fire was brought under control within the next half an hour.”
He added, “Various structures, including shops and small houses, could have been damaged. But it was averted because we could control the fire soon. Generally, these pipelines are underground but this one was almost at the surface. The MNGL officials also came to the spot after they were informed of the incident. They are looking into the incident.”
The onset of summer time yearly is accompanied by an increase in fireplace incidents. The months of January, February and March this 12 months have witnessed 123, 180 and 244 incidents of fireplace in Pune Municipal limits respectively.